DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 16TH AT 5:00PM
The City of Urbana supports opportunities for all residents to engage with the arts in its many forms. The arts are essential to the vitality and development of the city and enhance the quality of life while encouraging economic development, academic performance, and social tolerance.
The Urbana Public Arts Commission, through the Urbana Arts Grants Program, supports projects in the arts that are accessible to the public. This program fosters an environment for established and emerging artists to thrive in Urbana, promotes life-long participation and learning in the arts, and integrates art into the urban environment.
This program is open to all disciplines in the arts on public display within spaces open to the public, including but not limited to creative writing, dance, film, video, music, theatre, visual arts, crafts, performing arts, spoken word, environmental arts, multimedia arts, architectural arts, landscape architecture, and emerging media.
2015 GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
1. Read and/or download application guidelines
2. Download 2015 Grant Application (pdf, fillable interactive pdf, word formats). There are four different grant categories to apply for.
• Here and Now: Grants for Artists Residing in Urbana
• Envision 365: Grants for Emerging & Professional Artists
• Creative Mix: Arts Grants for Groups, Troupes & Ensembles
• Urbana Festivals: Grants Supporting Arts Festival Presenters
3. Make sure you have filed out the application and all materials required for the different grant categories.
4. Submit your grant application to the City of Urbana by January 16th, 2015 at 5:00pm. You can submit applications either by email or by hard copy, but not both. You DO NOT need to submit a hard copy version if you send in an email application.
Late applications will not be accepted. Email applications are preferred.