Mayor of Urbana: Laurel Lunt Prussing
- Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Liquor Commissioner
- Work with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversee hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represent the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Work with Comptroller to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Jolinda Ross, Administrative Assistant at 384-2456 or email@example.com
To contact the Mayor's Chief of Staff, please contact Mike Monson at 384-2454 or firstname.lastname@example.org.