Area Cities Respond to Illinois Region 6 - Tier 3 Mitigations
Residents Encouraged to Continue Supporting Local Businesses
On November 17, Governor JB Pritzker announced that Tier 3 mitigations would be imposed statewide at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, November 20, 2020.
Tier 3 enhanced mitigations that affect our various liquor license holders are summarized below:
- Bars and restaurants (including private clubs and country clubs) must be closed by 11:00 p.m. and may not open earlier than 6:00 a.m. the following day. Bars and restaurants can serve patrons at tables with outdoor seating only, all tables should be placed six feet apart. No seating of multiple parties at one table. No indoor service or seating is allowed. Outdoor tables cannot exceed seating for six people. No ordering, seating or congregating at the bar is allowed and it is recommended that bar stools be removed. Reservations for all groups are required. No standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting for a table or exiting the premises.
- Grab-and-go food at hotels is allowed. Hotel event and meeting spaces are closed.
- Live streaming of events is encouraged with social distancing of performers and minimum operational staff.
- Video gaming locations and casinos must be closed.
- Meeting rooms, banquet centers, private party rooms, private clubs and country clubs may not host gatherings. No party buses are allowed.
- Retail (including service counters) must operate at no more than 25% capacity, this includes general merchandise stores, “big box” stores that offer groceries and pharmacy, and convenience stores. Grocery stores and pharmacies may operate at up to 50% capacity. The Illinois Retail Merchants Association issued a statement in response to the new mitigations.
IDPH guidance has also clarified that enhanced mitigations do not restrict take-out, drive-thru or delivery options for restaurants. More information can be found in the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity’s (DCEO) FAQs regarding Phase 4 guidelines and mitigations via this link.