Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Proposals will be received at the Office of the Chief of Staff, 400 S. Vine St., City of Urbana, Illinois, for: Request for Qualifications: Turnkey Approach to Municipal Electric Aggregation. The deadline for submission of responses is by end of business day (4 p.m.) on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012. The City reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive irregularities or technicalities.
Post date: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 - 15:42
As of 2:00pm, Friday, January 13, 2012, the Urbana Public Works Director has declared the sidewalk snow and ice removal requirement in effect for the Downtown, University and South Philo Road snow removal districts.
Post date: Friday, January 13, 2012 - 14:03
Post date: Friday, January 6, 2012 - 11:14
Residents of Urbana will have an opportunity to view exhibits and plans of the UC2B Urbana Broadband project at an informal public open house to be held in the Multi-Purpose Room at Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School, 1108 West Fairview Avenue, Urbana, Illinois on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Participants are asked to park in the north parking lot off Goodwin Avenue and enter through the doors on the northwest side of the building.
Post date: Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 17:03
The City of Urbana is seeking applicants with an interest and expertise in bicycling and walking issues to serve a 3 year term on the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC). BPAC meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers at 400 S. Vine Street.
Post date: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 11:47