URBANA ANNOUNCES SUSPENSION OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Contact: Diane Wolfe Marlin
Mayor City of Urbana
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 14, 2021 URBANA ANNOUNCES SUSPENSION OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) yesterday issued new guidance that will allow for vaccinated individuals to remove their masks in most indoor settings. In conjunction with CDC guidelines, and the anticipation that the State of Illinois will lift restrictions to move into Bridge to Phase 5, Urbana Mayor Diane Wolfe Marlin announces the following local restrictions will cease immediately:
1. General Masking
- No longer required to wear a face covering in a public place. This includes all businesses not used for residential purposes and all outdoor spaces.
2. Bar and Restaurant Operations
- No longer required to wear face coverings when not eating or drinking.
- Customers at bars and restaurants may stand and move freely around establishments.
- No longer require individuals under the age of 21 to leave a business with a Class A liquor license (bar/tavern) at 9 p.m.
Individual establishments may set their own safety protocols.
3. Special Events
- Special Event permitting shall resume subject to the City of Urbana Special Event permitting process.
Bridge to Phase 5 capacity limits remain in place until lifted.
The City encourages residents and visitors to continue to take appropriate health and safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and asks that everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated do so.
For more information about the City of Urbana, please visit www.urbanaillinois.us.
Go here to see the Governor's latest press release on Mask Guidance.