Art in Transit
About Art in Transit:
Art facilitates creative placemaking, helping residents and visitors experience local culture wherever they are! The City of Urbana Arts and Culture Commission and Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District invite artists residing in Champaign County to participate in the inaugural cycle of Art in Transit, an initiative to feature local artworks on Urbana bus shelters. Selected pieces will be reproduced in adhesive vinyl and adhered to selected locations. For 2022 Eligibility information, read on!
The 2022 Selected Location:
Bus shelter on the northwest corner of Race and Green Sts. in Downtown Urbana
- Established and emerging artists are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be based in Champaign County.
- Artwork must be of an appropriate nature for public family-friendly viewing.
- All genres, styles, and media will be considered.
- Receives a $300 honorarium for the use of their artwork.
- Artwork is rendered to fit the bus shelter with help from Arts and Culture Coordinator.
- Once rendered and color-proofed, artwork is printed on adhesive vinyl and installed on a selected bus shelter.
- Ribbon-cutting and unveiling event highlight the selected artist and artwork.
To apply, complete an application here. All applications are due by 5:00 PM CST on Thurs. Aug 4th, 2022. Late submissions will not be accepted.
To view more information about Urbana Arts and Culture Program, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and join our newsletter!