Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
CLOSED - Invitation to Bid: Custodial Contract Services for The Urbana Free Library (UFL Solicitation # 2122-001)
CLOSED The Urbana Free Library is seeking bids for Custodial Contract Services. Interested Respondent can submit a bid for the custodial services for two one-year periods with two additional option years. REQUESTING ENTITY: The Urbana Free LibraryCONTACT PERSON: Mike Hannan, Facilities ManagerADDRESS: 210 West Green Street, Urbana, IL 61801TELEPHONE NO.: (217) 531-7080 OR (217) 531-7050E-MAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
Post date: Friday, October 1, 2021 - 16:32
CLOSED - Request for Proposals: Server Virtualization Consulting and Implementation (Solicitation #2122-08)
The City has “bare metal” Microsoft Windows servers (“bare metal” server = a physical server that is dedicated to a single tenant.) The City wants to virtualize these servers, create a process for snapshot backups, and implement (and test) a strategy for disaster recovery. The City wants to make this change strategically, with a minimal amount of additional hardware & software purchases.
Post date: Monday, August 23, 2021 - 09:41
CLOSED The City is seeking proposals for a Closed Captioning System for its television channel, Urbana Public Television. Due Date: Responses are due by Friday, May 21st, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Submission: Responses should be submitted via email (PDF) to Jason Liggett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies can be mailed to or dropped off at City of Urbana, Attn: Jason Liggett, 400 S. Vine, Urbana, IL 61801 Register below to receive addenda:
Post date: Friday, May 7, 2021 - 11:00
CLOSED The City is seeking proposals for a Leightronix UltraNexus-HD-X5 Broadcast Server or an equivalent product for its television channel, Urbana Public Television. Due Date: Responses are due by Friday, May 21st, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Submission: Responses should be submitted via email (PDF) to Jason Liggett at email@example.com. Hard copies can be mailed to or dropped off at City of Urbana, Attn: Jason Liggett, 400 S. Vine, Urbana, IL 61801
Post date: Friday, May 7, 2021 - 10:01
CLOSED The City is seeking proposals for public seating in the City Council Chambers. Due Date: Responses are due by Friday, May 14th, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Post date: Friday, April 30, 2021 - 08:07