The City is seeking proposals to activate City-owned parking lot spaces through an agreement or agreements for activities that generate sales tax and/or provide public accommodations for art and culture. Interested parties should understand that any use of the parking lot spaces shall be temporary.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget
See a snapshot of what we do in our 2019/2020 Annual Report.