Temporary Liquor License

If alcoholic beverages will be served or sold at the Special Event, a liquor license will be required.

Instructions For Submitting Temporary Liquor License Applications:

Download and print the application from the file listed below or from the Mayor's Office page. Please return the appropriate Liquor Application along with the appropriate fee to the Office of the Mayor, 400 S. Vine Street, Urbana, IL 61801. All applications should be received by the Mayor's Office at least 14 days from the date of your event.

Attach to this application:

  1. Map of area where event is to be held
  2. Letter from owner of premises giving consent
  3. A check or money order for the appropriate fee
  4. Evidence of dram shop liability insurance
  5. A copy of 501 c (3) from Secretary of State (T-2 applications only)
  6. A Security Plan (Sec. 3-42(d) of Liquor Codes) must be attached which addresses:
    1. segregation of the area where alcoholic beverage is to be served
    2. procedures for assuring that no alcoholic liquor will be sold or delivered to minors
    3. assurance that alcoholic beverage will be served by person(s) 18 years of age or older
  7. $100 late fee if the application is received after the filing deadline (14 days prior to event).


  • If a State Liquor License is required this application should be submitted more than 14 days prior to date of issuance of license. (NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED LESS THAN FIVE (5) DAYS OF THE EVENT.)
  • A Public Health Permit may be required; contact the Public Health Department at 710 N. Neil Street, Champaign (217-352-7961).
  • The State of Illinois may require a liquor license. Contact the Illinois Liquor Control Commission, 300 S. Monroe St., Springfield, IL; (217-782-2135). All City and State statutes must be upheld.

State of Illinois Liquor License Application

PDF icon Temporary Liquor License Application131.4 KB
- Last Modified -April 6, 2018 - 3:08pm
- Author - admin