Liquor Licensing

The sale and/or service of alcoholic beverages in the City of Urbana requires a liquor license, whether for a business (i.e. bar, restaurant, gas station, grocery store) or for temporary use (i.e. special event).

To determine what type of license to apply for, applicants should first review Urbana Municipal Code Chapter 3: Alcoholic Liquor and the current FY Liquor License Fee Schedule. It is highly recommended that applicants complete a liquor license application with the assistance of an experienced attorney. 

Applicants should submit completed application packets by mail to:

Local Liquor Control Commissioner
The Office of the Mayor
City of Urbana
400 S Vine St
Urbana, IL 61801 

You may also submit all documentation and additional questions via email to:  


Click on location marker to view address.
- Last Modified -April 26, 2024 - 2:39pm
- Author - BridgetB