Geothermal Urbana-Champaign 2.0
Geothermal Urbana-Champaign is a public education and bulk purchasing program that makes getting geothermal heating & cooling easier and more affordable for Champaign, Piatt, and Vermilion County home and business owners.
Get email updates or sign up for a site assessment and cost estimate.
How to Participate:
- Attend a zoom Geothermal Power Hour.
- Schedule a site assessment and get a proposal.
- Accept or decline the proposal.
Scheduled Geothermal Power Hours:
Wednesday 7pm 2/23/22 - Co-hosted by Faith in Place: Register to receive Zoom link Tuesday 6pm 3/29/22 - Co-hosted by Urbana Park District: Register to receive Zoom link Tuesday Noon 4/12/22 - Co-hosted by U of I Facilities Register to receive Zoom link
and Services, ISEE, Illinois Geothermal Coalition:
Monday 7pm 5/2/22 - Co-hosted by Sierra Club: Register to receive Zoom link
- Monday Noon 5/23/22 Co-hosted by Prairie Rivers Network: Register to receive Zoom link
- Thursday TBD 6/16/22 Co-hosted by Corn Belt Coop: TBD
- Thursday 7pm 7/14/22 Co-hosted by Ameren Illinois: Register for In-Person Event
- Tuesday Noon 8/23/22 Co-hosted by Parkland College: Register for In-Person Event
So, just what is geothermal?
Geothermal or ground source heat pumps tap the stored clean energy of the Earth below our feet. These systems use the ground’s relatively constant temperature to provide heating, cooling, and hot water for homes and commercial buildings. -Geothermal Alliance of Illinois Brochure
Contact: Scott R. Tess, City of Urbana email@example.com