Geothermal Urbana-Champaign 3.0
Geothermal Urbana-Champaign is a public education and bulk purchasing program that makes getting geothermal heating & cooling easier and more affordable for Champaign, Piatt, and Vermilion County home and business owners.
Geothermal systems are offered at a lower than market rate through the program, and the more people who participate, the lower the prices go for all participants. And now there is a 30% federal tax credit.
Back for 2023!
Get email updates or sign up for a site assessment and cost estimate.
How to Participate:
- Attend a zoom Geothermal Power Hour.
- Schedule a site assessment and get a proposal.
- Accept or decline the proposal.
Scheduled Geothermal Power Hours:
April 20 Thur 7:00 PM Zoom - Co-Host: ISEE, UofI F&S, IL Geo Coalition - Register May 2 Tues 6:00 PM Zoom - Co-Host: Faith in Place - Register May 22 Mon 7:00 PM Zoom - Co-Host: Urbana Park District - Register
- June 28 Wed 7:00 PM Zoom - Co-Host: Prairie Group Sierra Club - Register
- July 11 Tues 6:00 PM McKinley Church & Faith in Place - Register
- Aug 29 Tues 6:00 PM Common Ground Food Co-Op - Register
- Sept 15 Fri Noon Zoom - Co-Host: Prairie Rivers Network - Register
So, just what is geothermal?
Geothermal or ground source heat pumps tap the stored clean energy of the Earth below our feet. These systems use the ground’s relatively constant temperature to provide heating, cooling, and hot water for homes and commercial buildings. -Geothermal Alliance of Illinois Brochure
Contact: Scott R. Tess, City of Urbana firstname.lastname@example.org
|Geothermal Alliance of Illinois Brochure||415.01 KB|
|IRS Frequently Asked Questions||339.32 KB|