Building Permit Information
To ensure that all new construction, additions and alterations are constructed in accordance with current building standards of the City of Urbana, a completed Building Permit Application is required to be submitted to the Building Safety Division for review and approval. Based on the type of construction, addition or alteration proposed, there is additional supporting documentation that must also be submitted.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are in the process of obtaining a building permit for a food or drink establishment, please also simultaneously contact the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District, which has its own separate review process. Also, If your establishment will be selling or serving alcohol, you also must obtain a City of Urbana Liquor License. Please contact the Mayor’s Office at 217-384-2456.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Building Permits
- Building Permit Application
- Quantity of Building Plan sets is based on job type
- Lead Awareness Permit Affidavit
- Site Plan (if necessary)
- Erosion Control Permit (if necessary)
- Urbana Enterprise Zone Incentive Application (if applicable)
- Commercial and Industrial Projects may also be eligible for TIF Incentives.
- Zoning Compliance Plan Review Worksheet
For detailed requirements for 1 & 2 family structures, please refer to 1 & 2 Family Dwelling Information.
|Building Permit Application Fill-in Form||334.24 KB|
|Electrical Permit Application Fill-in Form||122.97 KB|
|Miscellaneous Permit Application Fill-in Form||47.01 KB|
|Plumbing Permit Application||61.86 KB|
|Mechanical Permit Application||91.43 KB|
|Sign Permit Application Fill-in Form||76.92 KB|
|Lead Awareness Affidavit||13.59 KB|
|Commercial/Multi-Family Checklist||24.58 KB|
|One & Two Family Information||451.57 KB|