FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE—October 14, 2009 The City of Urbana’s Market at the Square invites Market patrons and their kids to Sprouts at the Market, a produce-tasting/nutrition information event geared toward children ages 4-10. The season’s fourth and final Sprouts event, a self-guided market tour learning about fall and winter foods, will also feature a take-home Sprouts bag and trick-or-treating for produce for participants. The event will take place on Saturday, October 24.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget
See a snapshot of what we do in our 2019/2020 Annual Report.