Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Mayor Diane Wolfe Marlin was very happy to share the news in a statement to Urbana City staff.
Post date: Thursday, December 26, 2019 - 10:56
Post date: Friday, November 15, 2019 - 09:25
CLOSED Requesting Division: Human ResourceContact Person: Todd RentAddress: 400 South Vine StreetTelephone No.: (217) 384-2451E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org The City of Urbana is seeking qualified and experienced human resource consulting firm to conduct a one-time classification and compensation study of non-bargaining unit positions.
Post date: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - 15:52
CLOSED The City of Urbana is seeking information about website design and development templates that will allow the City to quickly roll out an all-new website based on a complete re-write of our website content. General terms, specifications and instructions may be obtained from the Office of the Executive Department - Information Technology Director, 400 S Vine St, Urbana, IL 61801 or online at the City of Urbana website located at urbanaillinois.us.
Post date: Monday, September 30, 2019 - 12:37
CLOSED Click here to view the Request for Proposals document Summary
Post date: Friday, August 2, 2019 - 17:09