Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Closed The City of Urbana, Information Technology Division, is seeking quotes for the renewal of Symantec Endpoint Protection maintenance for a three-year term. Responders must submit a completed quote by 12:00 PM (NOON) JUNE 12, 2019. Contact Person: Shawn Fluno, Network AdministratorInformation TechnologyCity of Urbana, Illinois 61801(217) email@example.com Please download quote specifications below.
Post date: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 14:35
The City of Urbana appreciates the many volunteers who serve on advisory boards, commissions and committees that provide valued input and recommendations to the Mayor and City Council. Members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council.
Post date: Monday, February 25, 2019 - 10:00
Dallas-based Rael Development Corporation and the City of Urbana are pleased to announce a proposal for a new mixed-use development at the intersection of University and Lincoln Avenues in the City of Urbana called Gather.
Post date: Monday, January 7, 2019 - 07:52
Green Street Realty hosted an open house for the public to learn more about the 200 S. Vine Project this past Tuesday, October 23rd at the Urbana City Building, 400 South Vine Street.
Post date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 18:47
The City of Urbana and Green Street Realty have entered into a Letter Of Intent for the redevelopment of the 200 block of South Vine Street in Downtown Urbana.
Post date: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 09:09