Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Urbana Mayor Diane Marlin’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2019 includes significant steps to lay a sound foundation for the City’s future. The proposed budget is available at https://www.urbanaillinois.us/departments/finance/financial-reports/annual-budget.
Post date: Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 12:35
Pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/7.3, the City of Urbana hereby posts the total compensation package for Carol J. Mitten, City Administrator.
Post date: Friday, May 18, 2018 - 16:04
The City of Urbana is pleased to announce the selection of four finalists for the position of City Administrator at the City of Urbana. In alphabetical order, the finalists are:
Post date: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 - 09:06
I, Diane Wolfe Marlin, hereby impose an emergency order as specified below for the "Unofficial St. Patrick's Day" event that is planned for Friday, March 2, 2018.
Post date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - 15:12
Mayor Marlin Invites Community to Build Foundation for the Future Through Mentoring
Post date: Monday, February 5, 2018 - 15:06