Office of the Mayor
Duties are defined by state law for Urbana's mayor-aldermanic form of government.
- The mayor is the chief executive of the city.
- The mayor appoints numerous officials and staff including the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Director of Public Works, and Director of Community Development as well as members of city boards and commissions, all with the approval of the city council. Residents interested in serving on a board or commission should use this application form.
- Represents the City on intergovernmental boards (e.g., METCAD, Regional Planning Commission, Champaign-Urbana Area Transportation Study)
- Chairs City Council Meetings
- Serves as Local Liquor Control Commissioner
- Works with City Council to plan and implement city goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manages resources for achievement of City goals and objectives
- Oversees hiring, the regular review of compensation, benefits and working conditions, and the discipline of all City personnel
- Represents the City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news media and at public relations meetings and events
- Works with Finance Director to develop the annual budget proposal and administer the approved budget
To contact the Mayor, please contact Kate Brickman, Executive Assistant to the Mayor at 384-2456 or email@example.com
Urbana City Building
400 South Vine Street61801 Urbana , IL
M-F 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Paper 2 Tree is a new outreach program that aims to create a stronger connection between researchers at Illinois and the Champaign-Urbana community and environment. The program officially kicks off Thursday, November 16.
Post date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 14:04
City officials welcome economic development along the enhanced Lincoln Avenue Corridor
Post date: Thursday, November 9, 2017 - 13:45
The City of Urbana is looking for volunteers interested in serving on various boards and commissions. Currently, there are vacancies on the following boards and commissions:
Post date: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 - 11:51
Over 50 individuals were recognized in late-October for their years of service as as employees of the City of Urbana. Employees honored include the following: 5 years of service
Post date: Monday, October 30, 2017 - 15:01
Article and photos published by Abigail Bobrow, August 31, 2017 at Sea Grant Illinois-Indiana
Post date: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 - 14:26