The City of Urbana has issued a Request for Proposals to redevelop the entire city block north of the Urbana City Building bounded by Green Street on the south, Elm Street on the north, Vine Street on the west, and Urbana Avenue on the east. You can download a copy of the RFP below or request a hard copy to be sent by contacting the City of Urbana Economic Development Division at (217)384-2444.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget