Bicycles & Transit
All buses operated by the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District (MTD) are equipped with bike racks that can accommodate up to two bicycles.
- Bikes ride free when accompanied by a fare-paying passenger.
- No special permit is required and the bike racks are very easy to use.
- Motorized and electric bikes are prohibited.
- You must be at least 13 years old to use the racks, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Before the bus arrives, remove anything from your bike that may fall off during the trip.
- For your safety, never step into the street when loading or unloading your bike. Load your bike from the curb side of the bus.
- Load your bike as quickly as possible to ensure that fellow passengers reach their destinations on time.
- If the bike rack is full, wait for the next available bus.
- Folding bikes are permitted on board with certain restrictions. Do not attempt to bring your non-folding bike inside the bus.