Thursday (June 29) was a big day for Ed Mehnert, the owner of the Red Bicycle Ice Cream shop. About 3 p.m., he secured his health permit to operate his new ice cream parlor, which will be located at 2740 Philo Road, Suite D, in The Pines retail center in southeast Urbana.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget