A Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 7:00pm in the Urbana City Council Chambers of the Urbana City Building, prior to the Urbana Community Development Commission meeting, to receive comments and suggestions on the Draft City of Urbana and Urbana HOME Consortium FY 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget
See a snapshot of what we do in our 2019/2020 Annual Report.