The Urbana Business Association's Market IN the Square will start kick-off its eight-week season this Saturday, November 11th at Lincoln Square in Downtown Urbana. The Market runs from now through the Christmas Holiday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday. The market offers farm-fresh produce, honey, flowers, arts and crafts, and more. Support local growers, makers, and businesses this holiday season.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget