The City of Urbana recently launched a new online system for managing building permits, code enforcement, and other request tracking. Using a cloud-based program called Citizenserve, many of the City’s Building Safety-related applications, requests for payment, and customer request forms, are now available online. In addition, Citizenserve will now provide the capability to accept both tenant and neighborhood complaints online.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget