The City of Urbana and the Urbana HOME Consortium (comprised of the City of Urbana, the City of Champaign, and Champaign County/CCRPC) is seeking citizen input regarding community needs for the preparation of the Annual Action Plan (AAP) for Fiscal Year 2018-2019. The AAP establishes budgets for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Programs. The dates and places for the scheduled neighborhood meetings and public hearing are as follows:
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget
See a snapshot of what we do in our 2019/2020 Annual Report.