Non-profit organizations seeking funds to operate social service programs benefiting Urbana residents are welcome to apply to the Consolidated Social Service Funding (CSSF) Pool. Funds may be used for both services to clients and program operating costs. The application is posted below in both Microsoft Word and PDF versions. Completed applications will be due on April 7, 2017 at 4:00pm. Please note for the PDF version of the application that the text can become very small if the fillable boxes for the narrative questions are completely filled.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget