Join the Urbana Public Arts Program on Saturday, October 8th, 2016 for music and arts activities at Urbana’s Market at the Square! Find us at the Northwest corner of the market between 8:00am and 12:00pm. All programs offered are free, and no registration is needed.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget