The cities of Urbana, Champaign, Rantoul and Champaign County invite General Contractors and Sub-Contractors interested in participating in their various Housing Rehabilitation Programs to attend a free informational breakfast meeting on February 24, 2017 starting at 7:30am, El Toro, 2561 West Springfield Avenue, Champaign. Please contact Randy Burgett, Housing Rehabilitation Coordinator, City of Urbana, at 217-384-2373, for more information or to RSVP for the breakfast; please RSVP by February 17, 2017.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget
See a snapshot of what we do in our 2019/2020 Annual Report.