Learn about vernacular building types in Urbana in this lecture, the second of three, as part of National Preservation Month. Event takes place in the Lewis Auditorium at the Urbana Free Library at 7:00PM on May 18. The two other lectures in this series, "What Style is it? Understanding Architectural Styles" and "A History of Urbana's Antebellum Houses" will be presented at the Urbana Free Library’s Lewis Auditorium on May 11 and 25, also at 7:00PM.
To maintain and improve the quality of life for Urbana citizens by providing programs of economic development, housing, planning, zoning enforcement, and building safety code enforcement.
Major Activities of the Community Development Department:
- Plan and implement department goals, plans, standards and policies
- Manage resources for efficient achievement of City and department goals and objectives
- Develop department staff through training and evaluation procedures
- Manage personnel through work directives and rules
- Represent the department and City in various intergovernmental activities, in matters with the news-media and at public relations meetings and events
- Participate in the planning and preparation of the City's capital improvements long-term plan and budget